A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Rib-eye steak and frou-frou shopping

The week is almost done, and I have to say, I didn't stop for very long. On the work front, I was interviewing two people, had a couple of demos for software we are investigating (content management systems) and, oh yeah, there was the regular HUGE load of e-mails to respond to... and some writing ;)

After work, it's been just as busy. Tuesday, I worked from home, had a small crew of contractors cutting linoleum and going "hmm...", "ahh...", "euhh..." It took the structural Engineering to get everyone to stick to a theory about my floor. It's not the floor, it's what's supporting the floor (or the absence thereof). I'm supposed to get the full report soon, but basically it comes down to running a support beam across the edge of the mezzanine (obviously attached on each side to the beams already in the walls) and jack up the entire 2nd floor to remove the existing curve. Nice! In the mean time (or until we get the bill and the Strata has to look into this - I might not be the only unit with this problem), they will rebuild a temporary, flat floor under my washer, SO I CAN DO LAUNDRY. This is happening tomorrow morning, between 7 and 8:30. My neighbors are going to love this!

Wednesday evening was a fabulous demonstration cooking class at Urban Fare. We watched, and ate. We had lentil and pancetta soup, rib-eye steak with sauce chasseur and steamed veggies, double-baked Jackson potatoes, and apple pie and ice cream for dessert. All this, demonstration included, for $20. Needless to say that I'm signing up for more of these babies in January (December sessions are all booked, I wonder why).

And tonight, a fundraiser event at Fine Finds in Yaletown. I went mostly to see my friend Gerri, the store is not really my style. Just so you can imagine the type, I was looking at some nice bracelets, which were not bracelets I discovered, but jewelry for your poodle. Too much pink, too much feathers. I ended up buying a bag of goodies, filled with samples of everything from candles to soap to paper notes to discount coupons. 100% of the goodie bag sales were going to breast cancer research. So I didn't mind getting frilly stuff.

Now, off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home