A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, November 15, 2004

Busy weekend, busier week!

Aahhhh! Made it through Monday ;)

The past weekend was a lot of fun. Saturday was my cooking class, where we learned about stocks and sauces. Always good to cover the basics. After the class, I met Tucker on Granville Street. He was at an Internet cafe, spending some well-deserved personal time on a computer. We did a bit of shopping, mostly just walking up and down Granville, then dropped by the 7-eleven to pick up my new knives! I bought a set of knives online from Lee Valley Tools, quite nice and very sharp. You can see the set on their web site.

Then, a quick visit to the gym to workout the cardio in preparation for next Sunday's 10k run. Finally, Saturday night, we had a birthday party for my friend Justin. Justin is a buddy I've met while taking the bus to work and we have kept in touch beyond the daily commute. We met lots of nice people at the party and Snoopy, Justin's new dog was real cute. He likes to cuddle and lie on your lap a lot (he's a Schnauzer mixed with a Beagle).

On Sunday, we woke up early (for us, that's 10) and had breakfast at Normandy, a greasy-spoon diner that probably hasn't changed its decor in the past 30 years. More shopping afterwards, I found black boots and dressed shoes from Hush Puppies. Tucker almost bought a new TV, his is getting really old and playing funky tricks (it probably can't keep up with the graphics in Halo 2 either). I think he wants to do a bit more shopping before shelling out the big bucks.

And this week, I'll be busy both at work and after. Tomorrow is the visit from the contractor and a structural engineer to poke holes through my floor and get a better idea of my collapsing floor problem. Then, on Wednesday, I'm going to a demonstration cooking lesson at Urban Fare, a very chi-chi food store in Yaletown. For $20, you get a couple of recipes, a chef-prepared three course meal and get to see how it's done. I say that's a great deal! Thursday is an event with Gerri at a place called Fine Finds. 20% of their sales will be donated to Breast Cancer Research. I'm not even sure what they sell, but it's fun anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home