A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, October 25, 2004

Aha!

I think I now understand why my washing machine is generating a minor earthquake through the apartment when it spins... it is not levelled.

The installers quickly played with the feet and said that it was levelled, and then tested the machine without any clothes. Well, the first load I tried shook my poor condo and made me doubt my choice of appliance. Well, on a user forum, people really emphasized the importance of leveling the washer and I used my own level (the girl has a few tools) to check that, indeed, the machine was a bit slanted. Quite a bit.

Sooo, when I pay $150 to get two appliances installed, I think that gives me the right to call them back and complain. Otherwise, I could have just done the job myself (they DID need MY power drill to do the installation), with a bit of help from Tucker for lifting, and would be no worse off.

Three loads later, I like the machines a lot more. I've turned off the Power Wash and picked Regular dry and wow! Things come out nice and clean! Now if I can reduce the noise level to below airport-runway standards, we're in business ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home