A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Is it already Monday?

Sometimes, weekends just end up keeping you quite busy with chores and outings. This was one of these weekends.

We woke up to a sunny (and somewhat warm) Saturday, which was nice after a few days of rain. I had planned to start painting my washer-dryer closet and, with the help of Tucker, went through this task pretty quickly. Tucker is a real star with the roller! After the painting, we had a quick lunch and went shopping on Granville Street. I bought some clothes, a headset for my computer and some CDs, while Tucker bought a DVD. I then headed to the gym for a short workout. I am now training for the Fall Classic 10k run on November 21. I find that setting objectives really helps me progress. After the gym, I quickly showered and changed, and then headed out with Tucker and a couple of his friends. We had dinner at Hell's Kitchen (nothing too impressive) and dessert at Death by Chocolate (you can imagine the type of dessert). We were quite tired after the long, busy day and went back home, watched Jaws on CBC (they now have to fill their Saturday evenings with something else than hockey) and fell asleep one hour into the movie.

Sunday was not so nice, it rained the entire day. Tucker and I had a brunch at the Empire Landmark Hotel's revolving restaurant. This was a Canadian Cancer Society event organized to say thanks to everyone who helped with the Cops for Cancer tour. After (too) much tasty food, we came back to my place and painted a second coat on the closet. It looks so clean, it's simply wonderful what a bit of paint can do to a room. After painting, I went to yoga, which usually relaxes me but this time, I might have held a position a bit too long because I am really sore tonight. Back home after that for a bit of cleaning and picking up. Spent some time on the computer, installing Skype (see below), Windows XP SP2, and working on a presentation for work. I also had a call from Lara and Charles who had questions regarding their up-coming move to B.C.

Speaking of work, I just learned that I am finally going to visit the California office next week. It's a quick visit, but I am looking forward to putting a face on the many voices I deal with on a day-to-day basis. Two years with the company, it's about time, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home