A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, October 11, 2004

Even better

I hope everyone has had a pleasant and filling Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet. Tucker and I were supposed to go over to a friend's house on Saturday for a turkey dinner, but their cat fell really ill and they cancelled. Fortunately, the cat is feeling better.

This past weekend was mainly about shopping and relaxing. On Saturday, we drove to Whistler for their Turkey Sale (nothing to do with turkey, it's a big ski and snowboard sale). Tucker picked up new boots and bindings and I picked up some boots. I will try snowboarding again this year. I've been a few times last year, did not really succeed at controlling the board, but I don't give up that easy. Since I don't have my own equipment, I will continue renting, but there's something about renting boots that is not appealing. I did it last year and most of the ones I ended up with didn't fit properly and were always a bit smelly. The boot I bought fit like gloves (or slippers :-))...

On Sunday, we didn't really do much. Slept in, read, played on the computer. We saw Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, a fantastic film. 1930s almost cartoon-like adventure movie with Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law and Angelina Jolie, very entertaining. Today (Monday), Tucker helped me clear the washer-dryer closet of the old appliances to get ready for the new ones. The floor was gross, but we made a fortunate discovery: my old dryer was already plugged to a 220V outlet, which means that I don't have to get an electrician in! Then, we made a trip out to IKEA, Tucker was looking for a smaller TV stand, and I, for a storage unit and cable rail to tidy up my work area. No TV stand and no storage unit, but a nice duvet cover for my bedroom... You always find something at IKEA.

Time for bed soon, another busy week is about to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home