A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Sunny Saturday in Vancouver

A sunny weekend where your boyfriend is away is the best time to catch up on chores.

My day started with a few hours spent helping at the closing ceremony for the Cops for Cancer tour, an event organized by the Canadian Cancer Society. The riders (the cops) were finishing their 600 km journey and meeting with their buddies (children living with cancer) at Vancouver City Hall. It was a very emotional event. Trevor Linden (Canucks hockey player) rode a few hours with the cops and showed up at the event. Mayor Larry Campbell also paid us a visit, with a brand new look: he had his head shaved the night before to raise money for the tour. Bald is back, baby, bald is back!

After the ceremony, I walked to the pet shop to buy a mouse and a new infrared lightbulb for Cornelius (aka Snakie). Tucker did not have time to feed his pet before leaving for his trip. Feeding the snake a mouse is not so terrible after you've seen it a couple of times, but picking the mouse out of the box is less fun. Fortunately, the store owner picked a tame one.

Then, I did some outdoors cleaning (planters on my balcony) and repotted a few plants that were threatening to walk out of their previous containers. I also went to the gym and ran 5 km in preparation for next Sunday's Run for the Cure. Tonight, I'm spending a quiet night at home, with a movie. There are a few movies I want to see that Tucker would probably never want to watch. Now's the time! Or maybe I'll watch Star Wars V, now that I bought the new DVD boxset that just came out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home