A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I am running for the cure

The cure for breast cancer that is. When I returned from San Francisco and went to the gym on Tuesday night, they had posters everywhere about getting a team of runners together for the race on October 3. Each runner is giving herself (this is a women's only gym) an objective both financially and physically. I chose to run 5 kilometers (because the race is less than one month away and I have not really done any running this Summer) and raise $400 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. I have mailed you letters asking for your support last Thursday. Most of you should receive them by mid next week. If you wish to make a contribution, please reply quickly, as I need to return all funds raised on September 24. You can find more information about the race here.

Last Friday, Tucker and I rented Dogville on the advice of Annie. I have to say, this is a film that resembles no other and is well worth renting. It was a little long, but the performances of the actors were wonderful. Thanks for the tip, sis!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonjour Mélissa,

    Quel beau projet! Nous avons reçu ta lettre hier et il nous fera plaisir d'y contribuer. Je te poste le tout demain.

    Bisous, Diane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home