A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, October 17, 2004

The future is now

I'm sure Telus will forgive me for borrowing their marketing jingle, but I'm pretty impressed with this technology and wanted to share this with you.

VoIP (voice over IP) has been there for some time now, but this little piece of software makes it really easy to call friends and family over your Internet connection. Skype is free, easy to install, and if you have a VoIP headset or speakers and a microphone, you can call people anywhere in the world for free (well, the high-speed Internet connection is not free, but you're already paying for it, so why not take advantage of it). I have an account with Skype, my user name is the first letter of my first name, the first letter of my family name and my second family name. If you want to try the service, give me a call, I'd love to chat! The quality of the sound is quite impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home