A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, November 04, 2004

More stories, less washing...

In the never-ending saga of Melissa getting a new washer-dryer, yet a new development that I did not expect.

Today was levelling day, but levelling cannot be done. The verdict is that until I can have a solid and levelled floor, there's nothing that can be done about the machines. The floor under the linoleum seems to have collapsed in the washer-dryer closet (this was probably already like this when the old machines were in there) and since the flooring is loose, it does nothing to prevent excessive vibration, as the high spin cycle of the washer has nothing to contain it.

Since this is a structural problem, I am hoping that the Strata will fix this. Our property manager was very responsive to my problem and immediately put me in contact with a construction contractor. At 7:30 tomorrow morning, I should know more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home