A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Another 10k under my belly

I did it, I ran my second 10k race this morning. I did OK for time, 1:06:41, a minute faster than my 2003 Sun Run. The last two kilometers were pretty hard, I was running with a bad cramp but didn't want to stop. I went to the race with Tucker, who ran in 52:39 (it's the long legs!!) and his friend Scott, who regularly runs 10k and over, and ran this race in 46:00 flat. That's pretty impressive!

We were lucky, the weather was cool (just above freezing), but no rain, only overcast. Rain would have made the race unpleasant. It was cold at the start, but once you get going, you're actually happy that it's cool.

After the race, we had a celebratory breakfast at Normandy, our favorite greasy joint. Everyone went back home to relax a bit. The boys then headed to Kits to watch the football game (still ongoing, I wonder what the score is) and I headed downtown for a makeup appointment at M.A.C. I'm going through a phase of changing my look a little bit (nothing dramatic), updating my wardrobe and my style. Must be because I turned 30, but look the same as I have looked for the past 5-6 years. I need a bit of change. The appointment was fun, the rep showed me how to do a subtle day look and a more sophisticated evening look. Now, I need practice ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home