A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, May 19, 2008

Mosquitoes

Both my worm bins seem to be suffering from an infestation of mosquitoes. I opened the lids to dump some scraps and was greeted by a cloud of them both times. The good news is I also seem to have a few spiders who have set shop between the two bins and I am hopeful that they will help control the population. But that was a lot of mosquitoes, should I be concerned?

The bins are working well now, I can dump food on a regular basis and have been collecting compost every now and then to sprinkle in the pots outside. I still find the conditions a bit damp, maybe I'll add dry bedding this week to see if I can lower the moisture level.

Hopefully nobody starts complaining about mosquitoes flying around the garage :-(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home