A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bike legs

All together, this was a very relaxing weekend. I could do another few of those. I love starting the week with a bunch of lunches prepared, clean sheets, laundry and dishes done, while feeling well rested. OK, maybe a bit tired. My legs are aching, and they'll hurt even more tomorrow. This morning, I went for my first power pacing class at the gym. Yikes.

Power pacing, also called spinning, is 60 minutes of different exercises on a stationary bike. Up-hill, sprints, racing, you do all these various bikes exercises while listening to loud music. It's tough, but great cardio and since I haven't gone back to running, it's also a good way for me to get back into shape. The knee hasn't complained much throughout the entire class, it's a good sign. But I felt so out of shape, some of the girls in the class are pretty hardcore!

I paid a visit to the worms this afternoon and gave them fresh scraps. They still have stuff to eat, but I figured they would like a little variety. I also cooked a bit this weekend, so I had lots of organics to throw away. Most of it ended up distributed between the two bins. I prepare some bedding for bin #2, since the worms are finding their home a bit inhospitable. How can you tell? There's a bunch of them stuck to the cover. Next week, I'm emptying some of the content if it's nice. I need a bit of sunshine and warm weather to dry the compost on my balcony.

I can't believe May starts this week. What happened to April? May is when I ditch public transit and walk (or maybe even bike) to work every day. My UPass (special pass for students, comes out to approximately $24 / month) expires at the end of April and I decided I wasn't going to buy a pass for May. I'll buy a few tickets, in case the weather turns nasty, but not having a pass will be great motivation to walk. It doesn't take me much longer and sometimes, when traffic is bad on the Cambie bridge, it's actually faster to walk.

OK, off to do some reading before going to bed. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home