A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finally

The moment I've been dreaming about for a little while now has finally arrived. Six years and a few... ahem... thousand dollars later, I'm finally done with my MBA. My last exam went well last night and I'm not worried about the outcome. I have one workshop left, but it's not for credit, I just have to show up and learn about business and ethics, something I'm really interested in anyways.

After the exam, a few students gathered at Malone's, our typical after-class hangout to drink a few beers. The guys were gracious enough to let me sit there with a big grin on my face. I'm the only one in the part-time cohort who has finished, the others still have their applied project to do this spring/summer. I'm going to miss many of the students in my class, very, VERY smart people, true innovators, thinkers, people that I hope are going to keep in touch and remain friends. Cross your fingers for the two SFU teams competing at the Ivy Business Plan competition this weekend in London, Ontario. Both teams are from my cohort, did I mention they were very smart? Yeah, I'm going to miss these guys. I keep on saying guys because most of the MBA students in my class were guys. I guess that's understandable for a program focused on high-tech, it's quite representative of the demographics of the industry.

I've received many e-mails over the past 24 hours congratulating me on finishing the MBA. I suspect someone (dad!) sent out an e-mail to everyone in the family (and beyond) to let them know. It's been such a pleasure, like getting many little virtual hugs from back East.

I'm still grinning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home