A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Just think about it...

The walk back home from school tonight was miserable. It's raining and cold outside (was snowing earlier), I had an umbrella that wasn't much protection against the windy conditions and one of my shoes sprung a leak, so my foot was frozen. I hadn't had dinner yet and felt really hungry. I was walking at a brisk pace when it hit me: really? Miserable?

Just think about it...

I was walking to a warm, dry and welcoming home. I was walking, alone, at night, in a neighborhood that has always felt perfectly safe. I was walking to a fridge filled with healthy, yummy food. My shoes would eventually dry, and so would my coat. A warm, relaxing shower would melt away the day's stress and fatigue. And because my class finished early tonight, I was minutes away from sitting in bed, in my comfy PJs, with a good book.

I'm pretty sure someone walking towards me would have wondered why I was smiling.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonjour Mélie,
    Une belle philosophie appliquée. Tu sais prendre la vie par le beau côté, plus je vieillis, plus cette attitude fait du sens. M.A. est-il allé te visiter, ton père m'a dit que vous feriez du ski ensemble.
    Bonne nouvelle, il est fort probable que tu puisse lire ma thèse dans un format pour grand public car un éditeur est intéressé. Je te tiens au courant.
    Gros câlins de Waterville,
    Ta grand-mère Monique

     

Post a Comment

<< Home