A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, January 14, 2008

Windy

The wind is blowing so hard outside that I can feel the building swaying now and then. I am NOT kidding. Needless to say this is a perfect evening to stay home, do a bit of reading for school, and go to bed early.

Classes started again last week, my very last course of the program. I'm having a hard time getting back into the beat of things. Fortunately, the teacher seems interesting and not too dry. Hard to make Project Management really exciting, but at least he might make it helpful and somewhat practical, not all about theories. Since reading the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge, from the Project Management Institute) is required for the course, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and prepare myself for the PMP certification. Are you tired of reading acronyms yet? I haven't even started!!

I went shopping with Sarah on Saturday and bought myself a brand new pair of ski boots. They are very shiny. I'll have the entire weekend to try them out, as both Sarah and I are heading out to Big White for a few days on the slopes. We booked ourselves on an organized trip, leaving Friday afternoon from Vancouver and returning Sunday night. All inclusive, you bring energy and food (not necessarily in that order). Woot.
2008 is going to be the year of getting back into skiing, I can feel it. Marc might visit at the end of the month, to test his skiing legs in Whistler. Mount Seymour has free skiing on Monday nights for girls, you only need to pick up a voucher at a local store and make a donation to the BC Cancer Foundation.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home