A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another year, another Christmas party...

and yes... another winner.

Last night was our office's Christmas party, held again at Canvas Lounge in Vancouver. The venue is pretty cool, the food was fantastic, and everyone was dressed to impress. Seeing colleagues in suits and dresses is a big deal when you work in a software company. We never dress up for work. This year, we had once again very cool prizes up for grabs, two iPod Touch, Canucks tickets, certificates for restaurants, hotels and spas, gift baskets, and a few other electronic gadgets.

If you remember a few years back, I was the lucky winner of two big prizes and then again, last year, the winner of lovely wine glasses. Well, this year wasn't going to be an exception. I won two $50 gift certificates for Spa Utopia. Mmmmm... spa!

This is my first free weekend in a while. I didn't make any plans, as I wanted to clean the condo, do a bit of shopping and relax. I finished school on Monday but haven't stopped since. Tuesday night I had two conference calls, Wednesday night I went to the new Cliffhanger location with Sarah and then for a few drinks, Thursday night was dinner at my colleague Brian's place in West Van and last night, well... the big party.

It's pretty cool to finish the semester early. I have two weekends before I leave for Montreal on the 24. I can catch up with a few friends and take some time for myself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home