A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back home, minus a suitcase

I made it back to Vancouver safely last night, albeit an hour later than planned. I don't think it was so bad, considering I left Montreal in a snow storm. The flight was delayed as it waited its turn in the de-icing lineup. As usual, the plane was overbooked and they asked for a few volunteers to stay an additional night and fly back business class the next day. Tempting, but I had work to do today, so I decided to pass.

We landed around 11:50 p.m., which was really 2:50 a.m. for me since I was still on EST. You should have seen the airport carousel area at YVR when we landed: there was luggage everywhere, the result of an entire day of missed flights, luggage mixups and busy holiday travels. It was a mess. I waited for my suitcase while keeping an eye open for my watercolors in the special baggage area. Well, I can confirm that fragile baggage is indeed handled separately, because my package made it to Vancouver, unlike my suitcase. 30 other passengers also seemed to be missed pieces, so we waited in line to file our baggage claims. "Tomorrow afternoon", they said, "but we don't know where it is right now."

Well, as of tonight, they still don't seem to know where it is. I'm checking AC's WorldTracer online service and I still get the same message: "Tracing continues. Please check back later." Now the problem is I have to wait for my suitcase at home, I don't want AC to deliver it at work and then drag the thing back home. It's too big and heavy for the bus. I guess I can continue working from home tomorrow...

Around 5, I caved in and paid a quick visit to the drugstore to pick up a few personal care products to replace what I had in my suitcase. It's not as if I wouldn't use these things anyways. I'm not too worried about the suitcase being lost, I'm just hoping I don't have to stay home for the rest of the week. I can do 95% of my stuff through VPN but need a LAN connection to work on large documents in SharePoint. Oh well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home