A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

I know, I'm a day late, but yesterday was the only day in a long time where I did not look at a computer screen. Felt quite nice to be disconnected :-)

I'm in Montreal until January 1, to celebrate the holidays with my family and catch up with some friends. The weather is pretty tame, no snow has fallen since I landed on the 24 and it hasn't been cold. Apparently, from the status of several friends in Facebook, it snowed in Vancouver. I guess everyone gets to celebrate a white Christmas.

I'm heading to the cabin tomorrow for some showshoeing, then to the Eastern Townships on Friday to see my dad's side of the family. I think Annie planned a day of shopping on the 29, I'll try to visit friends on the 30, have New Years Eve celebrations (dinner and then later on, meeting Lara and Gerri downtown for some drinks) on the 31, then fly back to the West Coast next Tuesday. The holidays always seem to fly by, but that's because we keep ourselves busy with all kinds of fun activities.

One of my gifts was Planet Earth and The Blue Planet, a 10-DVD documentary series from the BBC on our planet and oceans. Each DVD holds three episodes covering different environments: caves, deserts, shallow seas, etc. Each episode is beautifully narrated and the images are spectacular. I have no difficulty finding someone to watch an episode or two with me :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home