A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, January 28, 2008

Energy

Mondays are never really days when I wake up and jump out of bed with a grin on my face. It's usually a bit of a drag, you start thinking of the week ahead, all the work involved, and because you went to bed / woke up at all kinds of hours during the weekend, it's hard to even get up. This morning was no different, although I did wake up early for no apparent reason. So instead of tossing and turning for an hour, I decided to make my way to work earlier than usual.

On a low energy day, I like to interact with colleagues with whom I have a good relationship, and limit my contacts with the rest (as much as possible). It makes all the difference in the world, just a smile, a joke, a wink in an e-mail can send bursts of energy through your body and next thing you know, you are in front of your laptop, laughing. Such an amazing feeling.

Since I started my day so early, I also ended it early (fair enough) and while I was making my way back home, I felt like I was carrying a heavy weight once again. But now, it's almost ten, and I find myself wide-eyed, ready to start some reading (I did crack GTD open last night!!), finishing off the day's e-mail, and blogging :-) I probably won't push it too late, I have a long day tomorrow and will need, once again, to get a good grip on my energy.

I received a very nice e-mail from a representative of the Vancouver Board of Trade today. I attended a presentation at school last week where he, and one of his colleagues from the Board, spoke about The Company of Young Professionals (TCYP), a program through which the Board involves young professionals who are interested in networking, building business relationships and gaining valuable insights from seasoned business leaders. I thought the program was very interesting and joined this morning. The e-mail was a personal welcome message and came with a few complimentary tickets to an event tomorrow after work. I'll see if I can make it, I'm still waiting to hear back from Sarah if she wants to climb after work. One thing I'm really excited about with the board is their committee on sustainability. I should get an invitation to an orientation session shortly, I'm sure I will discover lots of amazing opportunities for learning and networking.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home