A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Scatter-brain

I knew this was going to happen. No more school, no more forced reading and homework = no more mental discipline. I'm all over the place, looking at too many options, reading too many books at once (I have eight, EIGHT books in progress next to my bed), I think I need to calm down and have somewhat of more structured approach for all this free time.

Or maybe this is just exactly how life really is, disorganized and spontaneous. Live a little, right?

It feels strange.

Notice how the number of posts has dramatically fallen since I finished school (fallen to 0 I might add). It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, I've been busy for the past few weeks, but somehow, I just felt that I needed to disconnect and let go. I'm back now, thinking about new projects (oh yeah, not one to sit back and relax) and very excited about the months ahead.

Which is good because we've had a tough time at work last week, several employees were let go from our office and it was possibly the worst timing ever. I understand layoffs, it's a quick way to adjust to changes in the market and the economy, but we are only a short time away from releasing our software, after two years of grueling work. The teams needed to stay focused on the end goal, and layoffs just have a way to kill motivation. I felt pretty bummed after the news came out, we hadn't really anticipated this either. We'll all recover, as humans have an amazing ability to adapt to changing situations, but not without some hardship.

Now, I'm just worried about my throat that is getting icky, pretty much all my colleagues have come down with the flu over the past two months and I'm wondering if the adrenaline was keeping the bugs away. I should go to bed early tonight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home