A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Time

The great thing about ambitious goals is that they have a way to drive you, get you out of bed in the morning and set you up to accomplish more than you would ever think possible. Once you reach that goal, it's a time for celebration. And rest.

But then what?

I'm going through a phase of random and unguided reflection. It helps that I started walking to and from work every day. That time is my time, it is a bowl of energy in the morning and a great way to relax after spending eight hours in front of the computer. It's also a time when I think of everything and nothing. I think about weekend plans, career plans, what I want to eat for dinner, that bill I should pay when I get home, the good things that happened to me during the day, and the bad. The big difference between now and before is that I HAVE time.

I'm not really planning for anything at the moment. I don't think it is wise to jump from one goal to the other without a pause, a break. And my thinking time is not focused on anything in particular, so whatever I decided to do next would probably change at every walk. That's OK. My brain has been under a very disciplined regimen for the past few years, I need to limit the boundaries for the next little while.

I also had to write about a few things I'm pretty pleased with right now: I stopped getting junk mail the very moment I placed a little sticker from the Red Dot Campaign on my mailslot, and last weekend, I joined a political party for the first time in my life. I'm guessing I should get a membership card shortly and soon, I'll be a card-carrying member of the Green Party of Canada. Adriane Carr is a lovely lady who made a convincing pitch at EPIC last weekend. She's also running in my riding.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home