A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yawn

Madonna released a new song that you can download for free from the Live Earth web site. Being a huge Madonna fan, I couldn't resist. The song is terrible, but grab it anyways, 'cause she's donating $0.25 per song for the first million downloads to the Alliance for Climate Protection.

I checked out the lineup for the concert in New York and it's not that appealing. If you ask me, the artists in the UK concert are far more interesting: Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, David Gray, Duran Duran, Genesis, Madonna, Red Hot Chilli Peppers (and a few more). Should be a good party.

I have mixed feelings about the impact of these world-wide benefit concerts. Remember Live 8, the 2005 version of the original Live Aid held 20 years earlier? I know these are not supposed to be fundraising events, but vehicles for raising awareness. Then what? What happens after everyone is aware? Do people return home after a concert and suddenly feel strongly for the cause?

I have my doubts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home