A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Surprise!

Today was a day of cleaning, grocery shopping, basically preparing for the week ahead and for the fact that next weekend will be spent walking. I invited Lara for dinner and when she called back, she asked me if I was going to have enough food, she said that she was really hungry. I always prepare a bit more, it's good for lunches. I told her not to worry.

She showed up at my place at 6:30, with a cute summer dress and a nice tan from spending the day at the pool. I gave her a big hug and suddenly, from behind her, this dark head pokes out and smiles at me. Charles!!!! I didn't know what to say, I was caught by surprise... What? Charles? In Vancouver?

Charles left Haiti on Wednesday after trying to get a flight out of the country for one week (the road to the airport was blocked by gangs). He's in Vancouver until further notice and even has a job interview tomorrow morning with a local Foreign Affairs office.

What a wonderful dinner we had. Even after six months of him being away, having Lara and Charles over for dinner seemed so natural. Like the order of things had been re-established.

Welcome back my friend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home