A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Extended birthday celebrations

Don't you just love it when your birthday spans weeks, not just a couple of days?

My actual birthday went by without a bang, it was last Friday, before the big weekend experience. That's OK, I don't really feel the need to celebrate on the actual day.

Last night, I had dinner with some friends at a very cute restaurant. Great company, good food, good wine, can't ask for more... Oh! and a few gifts as well :-)

Tonight, Lara and Gerri dropped by with my surprise: tickets to see Zero 7 at the Commodore Ballroom next Saturday (long weekend). This is not a group that I know, but their music is similar to Morcheeba, which I love. That should be a really fun evening.
CORRECTION: After writing this, I realized that the name of the band did sound familiar. My brother bought me their album on iTunes a few years back. Cool, I have to listen to it a couple of times in preparation for the concert.

Libby could not make it to dinner last night, but we're trying to get together for lunch, maybe next week. I haven't seen her in such a long time.

Den & Jen also had to attend to other business last night, but they want to invite me over for dinner next week. Cool.

I love all these occasions to catch up with friends, especially before classes start and my schedule is regimented to the half-hour.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home