A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Magical Nutcracker!

Another weekend gone by, another week about to start. Fortunately, there are about two other really busy days of work and then I expect Wednesday to be about cleaning up (both my desk and my Inbox) and then on Thursday, I clean up at home, pack my luggage and leave for nine wonderful winter days in Montreal. It's not much of a winter in Vancouver these days, it was 11 degrees today and sunny! Felt more like April and that's what my daffodils seem to think as well. They are starting to grow, next thing I know, I'll have flowers on my balcony in January. Go figure.

On Friday, I got a lift home from Tucker who was in Coquitlam, visiting his step sister who just gave birth to a little girl. The family was happy, mom and baby are doing well. Tucker was also hoping to intercept his new computer, held by Purolator. When his apartment was broken into, that's one of the things they took. Unfortunately, the box was buried somewhere deep in the warehouse and not available for pickup until Monday. We then headed straight to the restaurant, where a big group of friends was having the annual Christmas dinner. We do this one per year, before everyone leaves for the holidays. It was quite fun, but Tucker and I decided to go home afterwards and no go out, we hadn't been home yet and were quite tired.

On Saturday, we did some Christmas shopping (Tucker did most of the shopping, I only had a couple of gifts left to buy). We went to Granville Island and on Granville street and avoided the malls. It was not too busy and quite pleasant. Came back home for a snack and to call in to work (meeting about the upcoming release), then more shopping for a few remaining items. I finally found a winter coat, something not too heavy but warm enough to wear when I'm waiting for the bus. I know you're not supposed to shop for yourself, but this was a necessity! Then, we had another dinner with another friend of Tucker's. Again, came back home early. We must be getting old ;)

Sunday, Tucker took off to finish his Christmas shopping and I stayed at home to do some work. I managed to get in a couple of good hours, which means less will need to be done Monday and Tuesday. Then, we both dressed up and went to see The Nutcracker. This was a gift from Tucker's mom for his birthday. It was a coproduction of the Alberta Ballet and the Ballet of British-Columbia. Quite the evening. And so many familiar orchestra pieces. Thanks Gail!

It's starting to feel like Christmas :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home