A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, July 14, 2007

That's hard

Having to go to class after a long day at work is hard. Having to sit at the computer all day throughout the entire weekend when it's sunny and warm outside is harder. Knowing that your friends are at the beach while you're sitting in front of the computer is brutal... Focus, FOCUS!

I had a quick call this week with a contact from university who recommended a few key people that I could get in touch with to find a final project. I'm very excited about some of the opportunities he pointed me to. There's a lot of great work being done around corporate sustainability in Vancouver. I spent this morning researching these opportunities and e-mailing people to offer my help with analyzing and recommending an approach to an existing business problem. Cross your fingers!

Last night, I had a pleasant dining experience with Lara and Gerri, at a restaurant called Chill Winston located in Gastown. The food was excellent, the ambiance was relaxed yet trendy and the crowd was around our age, a mix of artsy and business. People were having animated discussions, laughing, enjoying dishes such as venison medallions (this is what I had, melted in your mouth), tuna tartar (shared as an appetizer) and Alaskan scallops. The lovely owner, Sonia, came to our table to chat and ask about our dining experience. And you can't get more Vancouver than using a black crow as your logo. The birds own this city!

OK, quick lunch for me now and back to work. I have a final paper due for my operations class and it's not going to write itself ;)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home