A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, June 23, 2007

All FUSEd out

This city is in dire need of something different. How else would you explain people lining up for 40 minutes to spend their Friday night at the Vancouver Art Gallery. Don't get me wrong, I think the gallery had the right idea when they organized their first all-night FUSE event. Vancouver doesn't often see artistic events that combine a mix of traditional visual arts and live performance, with the opportunity to enjoy a drink and chat about art. I just hope we start seeing more of this.

I visited the gallery last night with Gerri and Lara. We saw the Monet to Dali exhibit, walked around and listened to a bit of music, but decided to switch gears when we discovered there was a lineup to have a drink at the lounge. Instead, we walked over to Granville and spent the rest of the evening at the Republic Lounge. Republic has an interesting concept, if you want to go to the club, you'll need to line up and pay a cover charge. If you just want to settle at the bar for a drink, you can avoid the cover, the wait, and head for their lounge. The music is the same, the lounge was a bit less crowded, perfect.

This weekend will be the first where I don't have to go to school to work on a team assignment. I'm done with the presentations and group paper, now I only need to focus on my individual assignment and a final exam.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home