A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Back from... where was I again?

I didn't realize it when I wrote the post, but the little one-liner you've been staring at for a week now was my 500th post! It's pretty crazy when you think about it, but not entirely surprising since the blog started in July 2004. Yes, A Frog in BC will be three-years old in a month!

I'm really enjoying this slow morning, it's raining outside, I'm having a coffee and catching up with e-mails... Hopefully the rain will stop before 5, I have a BBQ with the MBA crowd later today. Lucky me, it rained pretty much all week, but not yesterday, which is my beach volleyball day. I'm starting to get the hang of this game, even learning how to serve overhead. Not that the ball is making it over the net yet, but so close!

School's going well, but having all my group projects and presentations at the very beginning is tiring. Trying to meet with two different groups (one for each class) when people are working and we have evening classes means that weekends are spent in the vault. It's not a figure of speech, our meeting rooms at school are literally located in what used to be a bank vault. You can guess how many windows we have down there... By June 18, all my group work will be over and I can focus on my own assignments and exams.

I got good news from work: I'm getting a raise. I'm sure that the per-pay amount won't be extraordinary, but it's still nice to see that your work is appreciated. We haven't done any formal performance reviews since I started the new position and when you're caught in the day-to-day chaos, it's hard to tell if you're on the right track.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Félicitations pour la bonne nouvelle au travail. Je suis heureux d'apprendre que tu vas bien !

    Marc-Antoine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home