A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Many shades of green

My calf muscles are still stiff from the six-hour hike Joanne and I did yesterday on the Diez Vistas Trail at Buntzen Lake. Joanne is training for her trip to hike Mount Kilimanjaro in August and I was more than happy to join her. The beauty of the Diez Vistas Trail is the many (10!) viewpoints along the hike. I'd say we came across probably five of these viewpoints, and three of those did not have much of a view because of the low clouds. Oh well, if you wait for the clear and sunny day to do anything outdoors, you'll end up staying at home!

I have to admit that hiking in misty, cool weather is very pleasant, my lungs were quite content with the bowl of fresh air and it didn't feel hot, even on the way up. We couldn't stop for very long, mostly because the black flies were too happy to snack along with (on) us.

I posted a few picture of the day here.

Last night, I watched Spiderman 3 with Rafael, Kookie and Irene. The movie was OK, some fight scenes were too busy for my poor tired brain to follow, but generally, the outcome was better than I had expected, given all the bad reviews.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home