A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I rock!

Yesterday, I went to the climbing gym with Sarah. It was one of my best sessions so far. There's a route that was kicking my ass every time, it has two overhangs and part of the climb is on an incline (i.e. you're holding yourself on the wall). By the time I would make it to the second overhang, I was always so tired I couldn't pull myself up. Well, not yesterday. I was dead set on conquering this one and I did, with a mixture of strength and willpower. That was my first climb of the day, then I went on to try various 5.9s and even one 5.10a (didn't climb half of it properly, obviously). It was so much fun.

Tonight, I was invited to sub for my neighbor's beach volleyball team. One of their players has a broken finger and won't be playing for the rest of the summer. This was a bit of a trial, as I have only played 5-6 times outside with the Train & Play program, and my neighbor plays for an intermediate team. Apparently, I'm not doing too bad, because I was invited to join the team for the rest of the season. I'm playing in a competitive league!

Just ignore the bruises.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Sis! I'm always impress with all your activities. Competitive volley-ball league. Wow !

    Marc-Antoine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home