A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, September 04, 2006

All weekends should last three days...

You can get so much more done and yet still relax.

The Zero 7 concert on Saturday night was excellent, this band is really good live. Too bad I was a bit tired, maybe the missing pint of blood had something to do with that (no worries, this was not an accident or a vampire, but a blood donation on Saturday morning). But Zero 7's music is moody and relaxed, which was perfect. No mad dancing around. Just chilling with a few drinks with my ladies Lara and Gerri.

Sunday was nothing special, a lot of reading in preparation for the week to come. And way too many self-assessment tests. I never liked doing these tests, even in fluffy magazines. I especially didn't appreciate having to write them by hand and calculate my score the old-fashion way. The book mentioned that these tests were available online, I think that was a lie. Why am I completing self-assessments? Because my one-week intensive course is about management skills (the ones that you have and the ones that you should have). It's interesting, but there's a limit to how many questions I'm ready to answer with "Never", "Rarely", "Occasionally", "Sometimes", "Often" or "Always". There is never an option for "It Depends".

This morning, I was up at 4. Yes, a.m. and I did go to bed last night. I was volunteering at the Vancouver Triathlon, which was a fundraiser for the WWF. I am a supporter of the WWF and received an e-mail about a week ago about the event needing more volunteers (I guess it's tough to find people during a long weekend). It was a lot of fun, except for the 4 a.m. part when it was dark and cold outside. I was helping in the transition area, where athletes are switching from swimming to biking, and biking to running (basically, the entire area is a big bike rack). I've never seen so many people with wetsuits in my life. Or stripping out of wetsuits... did I mention I was covering the area for the men-under-40 category? :D

More reading today, even if it's a bit hard to not go play outside, it's beautiful.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home