A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer time

I woke up early today (8:30 is early when you go to bed late the night before) with no plans for the day. Maybe a little grocery shopping, maybe a little cooking for the week, if the weather was nice, maybe a visit to the VanDusen Garden.

Then, Gerri called and asked if I was up for a BBQ tonight. I'm always up for a BBQ! And since I'm the one with the full size grill, I offered to host the BBQ (it's a small crowd, Gerri, her boyfriend and myself). Gerri/Joe would bring the steaks, I would provide the veggies, salad, potatoes, and we could enjoy the bottle of wine Sherri brought me yesterday for giving her a deal on the parking space. Cool!

Then, as I'm making myself lunch, Soraiya calls and asks if I feel like going for a walk around Stanley Park. Soraiya works with me and she's also walking 60km for breast cancer in August. We get along so well at work, but never really have a chance to chat (she's busy all the time). Double cool!

The weather was iffy this morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon, with a nice breeze. Perfect conditions to walk around Stanley Park. It felt wonderful to get some fresh air, do a bit of exercise, and to finally have a chance to talk to Soraiya. Our views on the world and life in general are very similar, and she has so many good stories, we didn't stop chatting for the entire two hours. I think we will make more plans for "training" walks for The Weekend :-)

Summer must be right around the corner, people go out more, want to spend more time outside... I love it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home