A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Football, hockey, maybe a little soccer?

Last night, I went to see the season opener of the BC Lions. They were playing the Saskatchewan Roughriders and won 45-28. Three touchdowns in the first quarter!! Great game, go Lions!

I went to the game with a group of friends, Scott, Stephanie, Brian, Andrea, Ginny and Sherri. The game was also a chance to catch up with everyone, get the latest news and gossip. Sherri told us she was starting a new job on Monday, at a surgical center a few blocks away from my place. When I told he I lived in the area, she asked if I had any parking in my building. "Do I ever!" (I have two parking spots, no car.) So, Sherri has offered to rent my parking spot and since I gave her such a good rate, she's also buying me a really nice bottle of red wine as a thank-you gift. I'm really happy because I was recently toying with the idea of renting the spot, but never followed up on that idea. I would rather rent the spot to someone I know. It works out well for everyone.

This afternoon, I'm going somewhere in Kits to watch the hockey game with Stephanie and Sherri. It should be a really good game, as the Oilers are playing in Edmonton and the fans should help boost their energy. We're also using the game as a dinner outing, it starts at 5 p.m. in Vancouver.

Go Oilers go!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home