A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Perspective

Today's news included a story about the average price of a house in Canada surpassing $300K. Let me put this story in perspective: the average one-bedroom condo in Vancouver already surpasses $300K!

When I bought my condo, just short of three years ago, the price was already more than I was originally willing to pay, $12,000 more to be exact. But I had been told about the crazy market in Vancouver and really liked the building, the unit, and the area. So I went for it. Just a few days ago, one of my neighbors sold their suite (same layout, same size, maybe a few additional renovations) for DOUBLE the price I paid. If I was looking at buying in my area on my current salary, I couldn't afford a place right now.

The Vancouver real estate market is just insane.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home