A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, March 14, 2005

Peeewww!

There should be laws against using massive amounts of perfume. I am always amazed how some people on the bus or in my building smell like they bathe in that stuff. And usually, not a pleasant and discreet perfume, but the worst pick in the Calvin Klein rack. What is it? Are their nose burnt by years of abuse and they can no longer smell themselves? There's a gentleman who works on the floor above us and heaven forbid that you get stuck in the elevator with him. He also smokes, which makes the combination simply terrifying for my sensitive nostrils. How do you handle a situation like this, in a polite way? "Excuse me Sir, but you smell!" seems a bit abrupt.

Tonight, another guy on the SkyTrain was walking out of the station ahead of me, there were probably 20-30 other commuters between us and I could still smell him. Eau de Way Too Much is my call ;)

Oh, and this morning, I picked up my first copy of Metro. It's a free daily that's distributed for public transit patrons to read on their way to or from work. Montreal also has this paper, so does Toronto. I thought, fun! However, you cannot expect this paper to run any original or controversial stories. It is owned by CanWest, a company that also owns The Vancouver Sun AND The Province, the two major newspapers in Vancouver. Equivalents would be The Gazette and Le Journal de Montreal. At least Montreal papers are somewhat diverse. Here, news sound the same no matter where you read them. Except on this site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home