A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Good progress

My walker web site for The Weekend to End Cancer shows a total amount raised of $450, which is fabulous after only one month of fundraising. I know some donations are also on their way through the mail (please remember that a mailed donation will take between 4-6 weeks before it shows up on the site). Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. I know February is not the best month to ask people for money, it's RRSP time, tax time, paying for last Christmas time... I really appreciate all the help and support I have received. Lots of messages of encouragement as well!

On a lighter note, have you watched the Oscars tonight (I think it's still going on, I only watched a bit when I was visiting Lara and Charles this afternoon). Have you seen Renee Zellweger? I saw her this Fall in Bridget Jones, she looked wonderful. Now, she has black hair and lost so much weight that her face looks like it's made of plastic... Or maybe it is made of plastic... What a shame. It's a real nonsense what movie stars have to do these days to stay employed. Diets, plastic surgery, most of them don't even look comfortable walking the red carpet. Must have been this year's trend of tight flute dresses. Or should it be called the reverse martini dresses? Either way, not my thing. I'm more comfortable in pants and sometimes skirts in the Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home