A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, February 06, 2005

And a drive to Abbotsford

Two car rentals in one week! Last night was my coworker Anna's birthday (well, her b-day is actually today, but we celebrated yesterday) and I got myself a set of wheels to meet with her and her friends. First, off to Surrey, where Anna has just moved in to a really spacious and nice basement suite. Much better than where she used to live and surprisingly, almost all organized and unpacked, even though her move was quite recent. Then, two of her friends, Jamie and Kimber, came to join us and we drove out to Abbotsford, where the party was being hosted. To give you an idea of distances, Surrey is about 20-some km outside of Vancouver and Abbotsford, 30 km from Surrey.

It was a fun evening, dinner at Lou's pub and then cake and coffee and drinks at Lindsay's (Anna's friend). Lindsay has a very friendly pitbull-mastiff cross that loved to play and get his back scratched. She also has a cat that's the same color as the dog. Apparently, they get along :-)

Anna will be my walking and tent buddy for The Weekend to End Cancer. Starting next week, we're starting to sell snacks at work to help raise funds for both our campaigns. Since we can do this over a seven-month period, we think we can add $600-700 ($300-350 each) to our fundraising efforts. Go team go!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Melissa!
    So, you will be selling snacks?
    Since this is a good cause, I'm willing to share my very own biscotti recipe (Hazelnut-coffee-chocolate) :-)
    Let me know if you want me to send it to you.
    (I'd make you a batch, but I'm sure they wouldn't be very good by the time they made their way to you.)
    Suzie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home