A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Weekend to End Cancer

I've done it again ;) I've recently signed up for yet another challenging fundraiser. This year, in August (19-21), I am walking 60 km through Vancouver to help raise money and awareness about breast cancer. There is a little catch: to be able to walk, I must raise at least $2,000. I've never raised this much money but I do not doubt you'll help me, once again, reach this goal. Last October, many of you made generous contributions to the Run for the Cure event. In only a few weeks, I raised $450!

I have my own page on The Weekend to End Cancer web site. From this site, you can donate online using a credit card or you can download a donation form and send it in with a cheque.

As far as the physical challenge of walking 60km goes, I have already started some training to run another 10km (the Sun Run, in April) and afterwards, will continue working on long walks around Vancouver (and certainly a few hikes during the Summer).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home