A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Finally did some snowboarding!

Yesterday afternoon, I finally went out for a couple of runs on the snowboard and I have to say, I did pretty well. I had asked Tucker to coach me and help me get back to being able to make a few turns, just so I would feel comfortable and prepared for my two-day course at Whistler next weekend. We drove to Mount Seymour, on the North shore across the water from Vancouver. We had perfect conditions, the snow started falling as soon as we hit the slopes and the runs had received fresh snow in the past few days. Falling off the snowboard can be painful when the snow is hard but last night, I was landing in wet powder.

I'm hoping the weather's not going to get too hot over the week. Hopefully, the conditions can stay cold enough for us to get good snow. Last time we went, it was actually hard and icy, not good terrain to learn on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home