A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, February 12, 2005

One last cookie class

Last November, I had taken some cooking classes to learn some fundamental techniques and recipes. When I signed up, I knew I was going to miss the last class, on desserts. I asked them if I could take it during another series and today is when I finally tested a few sweet recipes. We made a traditional apple tart (crust, apple compote and thinly sliced apples on the top), crepes and creme brulee. We even used a blowtorch to create the thick caramelized crust of sugar. Yum.

I have my menu all prepared for Valentine's day: smoked salmon mousse on cucumber slices and spicy cheese bouchees, chicken breasts stuffed Mediterranean style, green beans, orzo pasta or rice, and chocolate mousse for dessert. I think it'll be good :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home