A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Sudden urge to cook

Maybe it's because of the cool weather outside (OK, cool by Vancouver standards), maybe it's because I have my kitchen back, maybe it's because I now have a fridge full of food, but I've had a sudden urge to cook for the past few days. Try recipes. Prepare dinners with leftovers for lunch. Some experiments have been quite successful, others, a bit suspicious. Last night, I prepared some beet-carrot-ginger soup, very tasty and a bright color! It would have needed an additional cup of stock or water, when I pureed it, it was a bit thick. Then, I prepared some Dahl, an Indian lentil puree that is lovely as a dip for naan bread. Unfortunately, I burnt some of the spices I was adding to the lentils and the burnt taste is lingering around in the final dish. I need a bit more practice on that one.

Next Monday, I'm cooking a Valentine's Day dinner for Tucker. He's either going to be a very lucky guy, or a very brave one! I'm trying a couple of new recipes on him :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home