A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Funny what you can get done if you wake up early!

I started my weekend by waking up at 8:00 on Saturday. I don't know why, I just felt like I wasn't going to fall back asleep and decided to make the most of it. I had my breakfast and coffee, did a load of laundry, did some work for an STC committee I volunteer for, and ran 40 minutes along the seawall, all before noon. The run was a little bit tough, especially the last 20 minutes, on the way back home, because it started raining and I was facing the wind. But it felt so good afterwards, I could wave my fist up at the sky and shout "that's it? nice try..."

The rest of the day resembled more a typical Saturday. Dropped by Tucker's place, together, we did some research on the places where we'd like to stay during our upcoming trip, then drove to Chinatown because Tucker wanted to buy a large cleaver to prepare a stir-fry that night. We found the large (and heavy) cleaver, bought some wine at the liquor store, headed back home. Tucker prepared dinner, and I enjoyed watching :-) We both have the same problem, neither of our kitchens is large enough for two people to cook at the same time (especially when one is using a large and heavy cleaver), so unfortunately, one of us has to do all the work while the other is sitting around, waiting. Now and then, the person waiting will ask "can I help?" and the one cooking will say "no, everything's fine"... It's a game that is played every now and then.

Sunday, well, is not over yet, but it's always the day where you end up having all these chores to do: more laundry, cleaning, dishes, recycling and garbage, a bit of online correspondence and research, some cooking for the upcoming week, grocery shopping, and then, next thing you know, a new week has started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home