A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer time

The living is definitely easy :-)

It's summer in Vancouver and that means beautiful weather, not too hot thanks to the breeze from the ocean, and wonderfully sunny. It also means that my corner store started selling local berries and that I can start my days with a bowl of fresh blueberries and raspberries with yogurt. Local cherries are for my afternoon snack. Mmmm.

It only took six straight days of heat and sun to get my hopes up about a potential tomato harvest:

I'm a sad, sad excuse for a gardener. I'll consider this an improvement over last year's disaster if 1) I get more than three tomatoes and 2) they turn some color other than green. I think this plant is supposed to give me orange tomatoes. It's a heirloom variety called The Earl of Edgecombe. Check it out, my plant made an appearance in the tomato database :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home