A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A cold?

Catching a cold is never fun, but in the summer, it's a real bummer. I have no energy to go outdoors, although I should go for a walk and some fresh air. Maybe this afternoon. I'll bring lots of kleenex, that's for sure.

In a way, things didn't turn out too bad. I was originally invited by Scott to attend the Pemberton Music Festival. In true Scotty fashion, this was an all-weekend music marathon (Friday-Sunday) because Scott can never get enough live music. I pondered about the invitation for a little while (especially since Sam Roberts is playing this afternoon and I LOVE Sam Roberts), but I finally decided to pass. It was going to be an expensive weekend, even with discounted festival tickets that Scott very likely managed to deal himself. I'm heading the Whistler next weekend, so I had to pick between the two. Well, this was a fortunate decision, because now I can't imagine being a the festival in the state that I'm in. It's sunny outside, but when you're sick, you just want to stay in your PJs all day, read a book, nap... not hang around an open-air concert with 40,000 other people.

I was hoping to get started on some appliance shopping (I want to replace the appliances in my kitchen). If I feel better today, maybe I'll do a quick trip to a few stores. For now, I'm keeping a low profile and drinking lots of liquids. A tip for people who want to increase the amount of water they drink but don't like drinking straight water: pour two ounces of juice (mango, blueberry, whatever fruit juice you prefer) and fill the rest of the glass with tap water. I'm sure parents have known this trick for a long time, but I found the diluted juice far more refreshing than straight juice, and a lot less sweet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home