A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, November 06, 2006

World travelers

I don't have to search very far to figure out why some of the Saumier kids have been bit by the traveling bug. I've been receiving regular e-mails from my grandma who is celebrating the submission of her PhD by visiting a few neat places in Europe. She first visited Hungary (Budapest) to see some old friends, then she was off to Vienna, where she was met by my aunt, and now Prague. She told me that her hotel was right next to the Charles bridge. I know exactly where she is staying. In 2001, Annie celebrated the end of her bachelor with a three-month stint around Europe with her best friend. I was working at the time, but took two weeks off to meet them. We spent one week in Vienna and one week in Prague. That was my first time in Europe and I loved it!

More travel plans are in the works... Annie plans to start her MBA next September, but she will do a one-year intensive instead of taking the courses part-time. This mean we will both graduate around the same time. We've been thinking of a little tour around South-East Asia in September of 2008, backpacking and sight-seeing. It was a lot of fun in 2001, I'm looking forward to another trip with my sister.


Melissa and Annie in Vienna (2001) Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home