A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, October 12, 2006

You must comply

(Last time I watched Star Trek was a few years ago, OK, so don't be too hard on me.)

I've been kindly invited to report for duty on November 6: jury duty! That's a big first, and I always wondered how people were picked for this process. Not that I have an answer now, but this tells me it's pretty random. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

So, I show up at the Law Courts at 9:15 in the morning (that will be a first, going to the Law Courts for something else than salsa!), go through some kind of interview and by noon, I should know whether or not I am picked to actually sit on the jury. Cases are typically 3-5 days long, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. I'm hoping this is not for a complicated criminal case where they have to lock me up in a hotel for months. Yikes!

To tell you the truth, I'd be pretty excited to be able to sit on a jury and witness our legal system at work. I know it'll be nothing like Law&Order ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home