A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Black, green, pink... are we still talking about tomatoes?

My manager has a very large garden where she grows lots of tomatoes. And when I say lots, I mean LOTS. I can't remember how many varieties she grows, but we get to taste tomatoes pretty often at work during the summer months. Today, she brought some full-size tomatoes to work (we've been tasting the cherry-size tomatoes so far) to share with everyone. Apparently, there's just so much canning, home-made ketchup, home-made salsa and tomato sauce that her family will eat ;) I picked up three tomatoes, one black (OK, it's not really black, more like slightly darker on the top), one green, one pink, and I made myself one tasty tomato salad tonight. The green one won for taste. I wish I could be clever enough to remember all the names, but my brain is running at close to capacity... Tomato names will have to wait a few years ;)

BTW, she sent us a picture a few days ago of her biggest tomato of the season: it weights 2 pounds!


Tomatoes from my boss' garden Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home