A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, October 09, 2006

No turkey

This weekend couldn't have been more different that last year's Thanksgiving weekend. I could have hosted another dinner, but having been invited to a few myself, I thought it would be a lot more fun (and a lot less work) to be a guest this time around.

On Friday and Saturday, I had the pleasure of having a visitor. Monique, a long time friend of the family, was dropping by on her way back from three weeks in China. It sounded like she had a memorable trip (and 900 pictures to prove it). We had a chance to catch up (I usually see her at New Years Eve only, if I happen to be in Montreal) and see a bit of Vancouver. Last time she was here was 1995 and it rained. Unbelievable, I know ;) Monique left on Sunday and is probably still trying to recover from the time difference.

Last night, I had dinner with Charles and Lara. I hadn't seen these two for a few weeks now and it was long due. It's good seeing them together again.

Now, after not spending too much time reading and preparing assignments, I'm due for a day of school work. I have to step out to look for a new pair of running shoes, my old ones being so worn out they are becoming dangerous. Last week I ran 5 km and on my way back home, the sole of my left foot started hurting like mad. I was limping the following day. Since the pain eventually went away, I know this is not an injury, but there's no way I should be running in those shoes anymore.

Tonight, I have been invited at my friend Typhanie's place for a Caribbean dinner. She has a friend from Martinique who wanted to prepare us typical dishes from her country. Can't wait!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home