A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's the fall, y'all

I had to turn on the heat today, it was too cold inside to sit in the livingroom and study. And it was too cold outside to sit on the balcony and study.

I noticed that the last set of pictures I posted was about The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. What can I say, I'm not going out much these days and since I don't really have a great source of photographic inspiration at home (i.e. pet or kid), you'll have to suffer a break in the pictures for a little while. I promise to take pictures at Christmas ;)

This weekend, I officially broke my sad trend of NOT working out regularly and went to the gym twice. Every week, I had one or more excuses for not going, for not running. Little did I notice that I have been making up excuses for almost two months now. This is not helping with my energy level (neither are the short days). So, I downloaded a really up-beat compilation from iTunes and broke the trend. Send me good energy vibes so I can continue this for the weeks to come.

The pace of assignments is increasing, while weekly readings are just as heavy as they were at the beginning. I have to admit though, I prefer many assignments over the course of the semester than a mid-term and a final. I don't have exams this semester, only projects. Large, complex projects, but they require no cramming of information in my already busy brain.

And I'm starting a small protest. The university published our schedule for the spring (Jan-March) and one of our courses is held on Tuesday afternoons (1:30-5). Uh, hello? Part-time student working during the week here... When did I sign up for afternoon classes. I made sure that all other part-time students knew about this little scheduling blunder and asked them to complain to the school if they didn't like the idea either. Let's see how the school responds.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home