A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, November 13, 2006

Strange...

I have this strange sensation that time rolled back four years and I'm living in Montreal again. After three days here, as I'm hanging around my parent's place, keeping company to my dad, my mind seems to have entered a time-warp and set me back to pre-Vancouver days. The fact that I have to fly back to BC tonight is almost surreal. Really? Where am I going?

Maybe this can be explained by the fact that I'm visiting while it's not Christmas, or not in the middle of July. I'm visiting during a normal weekend, when family members have to return to work on Monday, when we eat regular meals, chat about everyday things...

Or maybe I'm taking a mental break from school, the demands at work, and simply enjoying the company of my family. Yeah, that must be it.

One of my colleagues, before I left on Thursday, wished me a great trip to Montreal and told me to take lots of pictures. I took only four pictures, including one of a flower from a plant that flowers only for 24 hours. Since I've been hanging around my parent's place a lot (and since the weather was pretty crappy anyways), I don't know what kind of pictures I would have taken. I guess I'll try to do better at Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, Annie played a trick on me Saturday and started playing Christmas music. Can you understand the confusion? Christmas advertising on TV is already hitting full force, and now Jingle Bells (albeit a nice version of the song, but still). But it's not Christmas, I am just visiting on a rainy weekend in November. But am I really?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home